Fun facts about foxes:
- the red fox is the most common fox
- Arctic Foxes don't shiver until it's -70 degrees Celsius
- foxes have whiskers on their faces and legs to help them navigate
- A male is called a "dog fox", while a female is called a "vixen"
- they catch small rodents with a high pounce, once of the first things cubs learn as they begin to hunt
- they can climb trees and settle on low branches
- a group of foxes is called a "skulk" or a "leash"
Red Fox Dances, by Alan Baron
Hello, Red Fox, by Eric Carle
The Rooster and the Fox, by Helen Ward
Fox, by Kate Banks
Fox Forgets, by Suzanne Bloom
Fox and Squirrel, by Ruth Ohi
Fox and Squirrel Make a Friend, by Ruth Ohi
Oh No! A Fox! by Janet Morgan Stoeke
Around the House the Fox Chased the Mouse: a Prepositional Tale, by Rick Walton
Fox Makes Friends, by Adam Relf
Then we listened to some sounds foxes actually make:
Then we made our fox craft!
For snack, we had some yummy grapes! Next up: pigs!