Week 6: Up In The Sky
This week we flapped our wings and learned all about birds! We discussed the different types of birds you can find and the different sounds they all make. We all decided Macaws are the prettiest birds because of all the different colors they have on their tails. We also learned that there are some species of birds that can't fly even though they have wings! Can you guess which birds those are?
The first story we read was:
Then we read our second story:
Then before we played we read one last story:
Then in the spirit of bird week we went outside to play Duck, Duck, Goose and Simon Says as well!
After we were done playing we went inside to make our craft, handprint macaws! Here's how you can too:
- Colored construction paper
- Macaw stencil printed on white paper (you can find it here)
1. Have the kids cut out their macaw and then color it.
2. Trace their handprint on the different colors of construction paper (we used the colors of the rainbow)
3. Cut out the handprints from the paper.
4. Glue on to the bird stencil.
They did such a good job!
Make sure you join us next week because things are about to get really slimy as we learn all about reptiles!